I decided to start a photo journal of food related pics and stuff I love. First pic of the series is one of my many Sunday brunch mornings with my best buddies. We recharge (obviously with a shit ton of coffee!), discuss life, loves, and other shit. This was taken at the Tin Shed, which is also pet friendly! I love these mornings!
Fluffy, for real.
OK, I haven’t made homemade pancakes in years since the discovery of my son’s lactose intolerance. I never thought of buying Lactaid because there was never an organic option. Years filled with dairy free milk options made cooking a little challenging. Have you ever had mashed potatoes with coconut milk? How about coffee with soy creamer? How about gravy with coconut milk? Even pancakes made with hazelnut milk lends a different texture and finished product. The fluffiness is almost non-existent.
The other day while at the grocery, we stumbled upon Organic Valley Farm’s Lactose free milk! And it comes in all varieties! We were so excited that our fake milk days were finally over. My son has been having cereal every morning now on top of just plain old glasses of cold milk with no problems. The first day we bought it, he drank a half carton in two days. We no longer have to eat cereal with hazelnut, soy, rice, or coconut milk…which also means I can make things like PANCAKES!! REAL, FLUFFY pancakes! I got this recipe awhile ago from my friend at work. I adjusted some of the milk amounts because the original recipe makes a thicker- than- usual batter. Viscosity should be that of a loose pudding (not set).
Flour 2 and 1/4 cups
Sugar 4 Tbsp.
Baking Powder 4 tsp.
Salt 1 tsp.
Milk 2 and 3/4 cups
Butter, melted 4 Tbsp.
Eggs 2 eggs
Vegetable oil 2 Tbsp.
Vanilla extract or beans As much as you want!
- Mix all ingredients together. Whisk dough until smooth and of desired viscosity. (should be like a loose pudding)
- Pre-heat pan on medium heat.
- Add a little oil to pan, just to coat.
- Drop batter by 1/4 cup portions onto pan.
- Batter should bubble on the top when ready to flip.
- Flip cake and cook for an additional minute or so.
- Top with your favorite things! Honey and bananas, Nutella with toasted hazelnuts, butter and maple syrup, etc…