I often buy bananas just to let them get over ripe. I use them in banana bread, pancakes, muffins, and now….FRITTERS! I found a recipe and modified it a bit. It was heavenly, and so easy to make! I made it for breakfast the other day and it was so delightful with a cup of coffee!
Banana, over ripe 2
Coconut milk 2 TBSP
Butter, melted 1 TBSP
AP Flour 1 cup
Sugar 3 TBSP
Baking Powder 1 tsp
Salt 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon 1/2 tsp
Nutmeg 1/4 tsp
Coconut oil 1.5 quart for frying
Powdered sugar about 1/2 cup
- Mash bananas in a mixing bowl. Add milk, eggs and melted butter.
- In another bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Incorporate dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- In a small pot, add oil and heat to 375 degrees F.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls being careful not to crowd the pot. Keep turning the fritters so that it browns evenly on each side.
- Test the fritter to see if it is fully cooked in the middle, about 4 minutes on each side. If you find it is still doughy in the middle, add a minute or two. When they are done, drain on paper towels. Dust with powdered sugar!